We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Half Moon Bay, Calif. - KHMB (1710-AM), with one watt of power!  (Read 774 times)

Offline Ron - Calif.

• View Profile
U S A. 1710-AM, KHMB, an excellent night here on July 9, at 0703 UT. Lightly mixing with the Travis AFB emergency
announcement; pop songs (John Denver - "Annie's Song" [You Fill Up My Senses], Len Barry with "1-2-3," Peggy Lee -
"Till There Was You," etc.). Not often I have such good reception of this one watt station, 90 miles up the coast from
me. A point of interest - John Denver died when he crashed into Monterey Bay, while piloting his experimental amateur
aircraft, at a location very close to where I do my DXing ( http://bit.ly/3yH3a0u ).

Ron
Asilomar State Beach, Calif. (near Monterey & Pacific Grove)
CR-1, antenna: 100' long wire

Offline Matt_B

• Southwestern CT, USA
    • View Profile
    • Radio Free Connecticut
Re: Half Moon Bay, Calif. - KHMB (1710-AM), with one watt of power!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 0720 UTC »
No sign of that one, but I'm hearing contemporary r&b on 1690 out of the area right now.  Very staticy, but I can make it out....John Legend's "Green Light" just played.  I think it might be KFSG....they're brokered time though, so I'm not sure. 
Matt Boland
Southwestern CT
Owner/Operator, "Radio Free Connecticut"
PS4: JupBol16