We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Europa 24 6150 AM 0904 UTC 9 June 2022  (Read 438 times)

Offline TRI International

• DXing Phenomena
  • U.S.A
    • View Profile
Europa 24 6150 AM 0904 UTC 9 June 2022
« on: June 09, 2022, 0907 UTC »
0904 UTC song "Stefania"
0906 UTC song "Listen to the man with the golden heart" - Time Bandits

SINPO is 5/5/5/4/5 via University of Twente SDR.
We need another card to shut out the draught HW ABT URS?
Use Shazam app. to ID songs, listening direct Airspray RTL SDR , Ham It UP Plus connected to 2 V shape long wires  40ft. high with a MFJ 941C Antenna tuner
QSL to trlinternational@yahoo.com or  trlinternational@protonmail.com

Offline Ray Lalleu

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Western part of France
    • View Profile
Re: Europa 24 6150 AM 0904 UTC 9 June 2022
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 1000 UTC »
on 6150.0
0901 news, 0902 ID in E as Europe Twenty-Four, 0903 music

0930 SSB voice in F, above the news (short QRM), 0932 same ID in E
0949 rock
1228 F fishers chatting on 6150 USB, heard here stronger than music and news, 1231

comment : Europa 24 used to be on the air everyday, daytime long. No longer the case, the frequency 6150 is often empty. Don't know why.
As a registered station, with regular schedule, Europa 24 was seldom included in this forum. But now, news about that low power station would be welcomed.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 1956 UTC by Ray Lalleu »
D/E/F/G/It/Sp : Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Spanish
+/- : about 0.02 offset, ++/-- 0.03/0.04 offset
Balanced wire antennas, wire lines and ATU
*** Mes pages ex-OEM : semaines des OC, radios-médias, techniques de réception, en français, demandez  les ! ***

Offline ShortwaveRadio.de

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 1838 UTC »
cite: "comment : Europa 24 used to be on the air everyday, daytime long. No longer the case, the frequency 6150 is often empty. Don't know why.
As a registered station, with regular schedule, Europa 24 was seldom included in this forum. But now, news about that low power station would be welcomed."

Yes Ray, they were on air 7 to 8 years now. Everyday - daytime long. Europe24 was seldom included in this forum, I agree. May I ask you one question: When you DO NOT GET a mention on this forum or on others, you might conclude "Is it worth it - putting out programming every day for 8 to 9 hours"? If there is no feedback, why should you continue to do so? I know this forum is just for logging pirates. E24 is legal and no "pirate". Why not promote them to the "Shortwave Broadcast Section" - I mean they are (or were) not "on" for some hours during the weekend like other so called Dutch legal stations. There is NO appreciation from listeners they put out news every 15 min in German, English and Dutch. The news are not for free. They surely have to pay for it.

Your comments please ;-)

Offline Ray Lalleu

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Western part of France
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2022, 2037 UTC »
cite: "comment : Europa 24 used to be on the air everyday, daytime long. No longer the case, the frequency 6150 is often empty. Don't know why.
As a registered station, with regular schedule, Europa 24 was seldom included in this forum. But now, news about that low power station would be welcomed."

Yes Ray, they were on air 7 to 8 years now. Everyday - daytime long. Europe24 was seldom included in this forum, I agree. May I ask you one question: When you DO NOT GET a mention on this forum or on others, you might conclude "Is it worth it - putting out programming every day for 8 to 9 hours"? If there is no feedback, why should you continue to do so? I know this forum is just for logging pirates. E24 is legal and no "pirate". Why not promote them to the "Shortwave Broadcast Section" - I mean they are (or were) not "on" for some hours during the weekend like other so called Dutch legal stations. There is NO appreciation from listeners they put out news every 15 min in German, English and Dutch. The news are not for free. They surely have to pay for it.

Your comments please ;-)

I'm not responsible for the lack of feedback. I just searched the HF-U for Europa 24,
and I found 7 threads in this European Pirate forum, and only 2 in the Shortwave Broadcast forum (one moved to Shortwave Broadcast before IDing). I never deterred anyone from posting about Europa 24.

See my reply about the 'Shortwave Radio' station. I don't know exactly what would be the best for Europa 24, but most of the readers of this forum seem to be happy with  a one-stop place for pirate and hobby stations in Europe. If you really think it would be better for Europa 24 to be only in Shortwave Broadcast, I can move the topics there. But I cannot move them back, I have no rights to do so. And I cannot guarantee you will get more attention from the readers there (I rather think just the reverse).

Ray, moderator in this forum (also in the (American) Shortwave Pirate forum)

D/E/F/G/It/Sp : Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Spanish
+/- : about 0.02 offset, ++/-- 0.03/0.04 offset
Balanced wire antennas, wire lines and ATU
*** Mes pages ex-OEM : semaines des OC, radios-médias, techniques de réception, en français, demandez  les ! ***