We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: British pirate Radio Pamela to make test broadcast to North America  (Read 968 times)

Offline ukdxer

• United Kingdom
    • View Profile
    • Shortwave DX blog
    • Email
"Radio Pamela will be broadcasting test transmissions all weekend starting Saturday night (June 25) at 21.00 to 03.00 UTC, on 7875 khz hoping to hit USA/North America,  and Sunday at  09.00 - 13.00 UTC to Europe."

Radio Pamela on Twitter

Radio Pamela is a low power British pirate station
Email address radiopamela@mail.com

« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 1332 UTC by ukdxer »
QTH: South West England
shortwavedx.blogspot.com
ukdxer@yahoo.co.uk

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Thank you for the alert on this ukdxer! Radio Pamela has been on my "need to hear" list for some time! Hopefully the across the pond propagation helps me out on this later today. :)
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline ~SIGINT~

• DXing Phenomena
  • N.E. Canada (FN08)
  • .ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı.
    • View Profile
    • Milspec Communication Canada
It might be a hard reach on this frequency today. Based on today's propagation prediction a frequency in the 14 MHz range appears to be more in favour. None the less, well worth the effort as conditions are always subject to change.

Propagation prediction to Europe at 22:00 UTC, 25 June 2022:

I have been occasionally monitoring the frequency but no signal coming my way thus far. If I follow the propagation prediction, that portion of the band should start opening up around 02:00 UTC and be optimum for that frequency around 03:00 UTC and good to approx 05:00 UTC.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 0158 UTC by ~SIGINT~ »

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
I've been checking 7875 khz since 2300 UTC and now at 2319 UTC I hear a very weak carrier. Hopefully more to follow as sunset approaches. Seems to be closer to 7875.1 but not certain yet.
2355 UTC Just checked back and now there is no trace of a carrier. Nada  :(
0004 UTC 26 JUN 2022 Traces of a weak carrier again
0034 UTC Carrier audible again...seems to be wobbling a bit. I believe the frequency is between 7875.1 and 7875.2
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 0035 UTC by Skipmuck »
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline dave1965

• Ireland North West (KIWI Owner)
  • All reports from my own receiver
    • View Profile
    • KiwiSDR in North West Ireland
    • Email
Email from Pamela
"Hi Dave,
I doubt i will be using 7875 again the crystal has a fault"

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns