We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Korea: Sign-on of Voice of Freedom (6045) and new "V-O-H" ID for Echo of Hope  (Read 561 times)

Offline Ron - Calif.

• View Profile

KOREA SOUTH. 3985 // 5995 // 6350, Echo of Hope - VOH, 0900 UT, Oct 22 (Sunday). No longer with their signature
foghorn, but instead a new ID with "V-O-H"; believe it was back in 2018 that they last used "V-O-H" in their ID; today
followed with the "Oneul-ui sosig" segment (Today's news); good signal on 6350 and not jammed. The new ID also
noted at 0800. My audio of ID and news - https://app.box.com/s/mc0fq5vzshiyaqfrqms1kmsyfbfnhhzh .

For several years I had often enjoyed listening to Echo of Hope - VOH's weekday audio feed from a TV program called
"Wang cho bo yeong-eo" (translated into English - Beginner's English), which was produced by EBS English (Educational
Broadcasting System) and then on the weekend with the English language lesson of the reading of "Harry Potter and the
Sorcerer's Stone," both heard about 0725-0755 UT and repeated again four hours later. But now after several months of
monitoring, have found them no longer aired and with no English during that time period. They are missed!

Voice of Freedom, 6045, noted Oct 22 with the N. Korea super noise jamming not starting till after VOF signed on; *0753 UT,
heard with light NK pulsating noise jamming; intro music and distinctive gong rung three times; Voice of Freedom ID; Republic
of Korea choral National Anthem; super jamming started about 0756.
My audio at https://app.box.com/s/4w7ajshzvtwda2jo0yn77gipodvjondu .

Ron
Asilomar State Beach, Calif. (near Monterey)
Etón E1, external antenna: 100 ft. long wire

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns