We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Antenna Multi-Couplers  (Read 2674 times)

Offline ihmeyers

• View Profile
    • Email
Antenna Multi-Couplers
« on: December 05, 2013, 1858 UTC »
Looking for a recommendation on a good antenna multi-coupler.  What I want to do is split the lead-in from my vertical into three outputs

1) for fullband use (100khz-30 MHZ)
2) for LW use only ( I have filters to pass only 500khz and below)
3) for HF use only (I have filters to reject BCB and below)

The best multi-coupler I have seen is the Elad ASA-15.  I use one to feed multiple rx from the antenna switch's output.  I could buy another one to create the 3 outputs I need but they are expensive (~$450) and I really didn't want to spend that much.  It's been hard to find one that's reasonably priced (+/- $100-$150) that works from 100khz-30MHZ.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ian  ;D

Offline Turbo

• View Profile
Re: Antenna Multi-Couplers
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 0805 UTC »
Hi Ian im using the Stridsberg-MC102/MC104 passive multicouplers 100khz-500mhz using the wellbrook active loops excellent performance and there not that expensive..

Regards Lino..

Offline ihmeyers

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Antenna Multi-Couplers
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 1954 UTC »
Thanks very much Lino.  I'll pick up one of those or the Mini-Circuits which I've read about.

Ian

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns