We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Boomer goes Hollywood  (Read 5018 times)

Offline radiogaga

• View Profile
Boomer goes Hollywood
« on: March 24, 2014, 2228 UTC »
tomorrow on dr. phil, check your local listings ??? ;D

Animal Obsessed
Frances, 48, says she loves being a good “mother” to her 13 pet rabbits — and does everything that she can to bond with them. She says she dresses her bunnies in matching outfits, reads them bedtime stories — and admits she even tried to breastfeed one of them. Frances’ daughter, Katarina, says her mother’s bunny obsession has gone too far and has taken a toll on their relationship — and Frances’ dating life. What does Dr. Phil think is at the root of Frances’ behavior? And, can she learn to balance a healthy family and social life with her love for her pets? Then, Gary, aka “Boomer the Dog,” says he believes he’s half human and half dog. He says he eats dog food, carries a squeaky toy, sleeps in a dog house and sometimes even wears a sheepdog costume. At 48, Gary admits he’s never had a girlfriend but insists that living the dog’s life makes him happy. Is he hiding behind his canine persona? Plus, Lori says she hates that her 20-year-old daughter, Seanna, spends her time dressing up in an animal costume and going to “furry” conventions. She says she thinks “furries” are “freaks” and “misfits,” and she wants Seanna to go to college and start a career. Seanna insists that “furries” are friendly, welcoming and safe — and says her mother needs to back off. Can Dr. Phil help this mother and daughter reach a compromise?

Offline ff

• Upstate NY
    • View Profile
Re: Boomer goes Hollywood
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 0002 UTC »
Thanks for the heads up Gaga.  I'll have to record that.  Boomer has had a lot of notoriety since he went to court in an attempt to get his name legally changed.  I saw a short clip of him on Bill O'Reilly back in November.  Boomer himself told me he had been on a NatGeo documentary and appeared in several other local/regional venues.  At least this time around he's getting his 15 minutes without the FCC barking up his tree!
Hailing from the upstate boondocks region of the progressive paradise which once was New York State

Offline moof

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 1415 UTC »
He was on the last Tosh.0 as well.  Tosh was nice to him.  Can't wait to watch Dr? Pheeeeal.  I can't stand watching him he is such a pathetic excuse for a therapist and almost as much of a media whore as Dr. Oz, but I will watch for Boomer.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 1614 UTC »
My kid told me that Boomer was going to be on Tosh.0, but I managed to miss it.

Boomer is smarter than Dr. Phil by a long shot. He could have big fun messing with the guy.

Offline DimBulb

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
  • New Hampshire
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 1635 UTC »
Looked around in YouTube for the Tosh.o episode - didn't find it but I did find this promo by Boomer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=890gGb_xAwU

complete with a glimpse of his 690am transmitter at 01:30 and a mention of his site:

http://boomerthedog.net/

Offline moof

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 1655 UTC »
It's on the comedycentral site-the uncensored interview portion is here

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/video-clips?startDate=2014-03-18

and you can find the funny dog show part by searching on 'dog show'-this one has the interview as well

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/search/dog%20show

you have to watch a 30 second commercial

Offline Fried Chickin'

• 42.981404457113206, -70.96033285219448
  • High strangeness in life and on the airwaves...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 1840 UTC »
I'll try to find it on Youtube since I refuse to pay for cable TV.  Sounds amazing, though...
L.V.X.

EQSL to hfvoodoo@protonmail.com...73~

Loops & Wires & Love of radio waves...

Offline Kage

• US
  • Modulating Madness
    • View Profile
    • The Free Radio Forum
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 2142 UTC »
Nice watching it right now! ;D
I'm not saying aliens are in the radio, but aliens definitely are in the radio.
The Free Radio Forum

Offline ff

• Upstate NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 2243 UTC »
Gaga was good enough to alert us and I went and forgot it anyway.  I discovered my dumbassity about 15 minutes after the local showing was over... DOH!

Thanks moof for the Tosh link - that was good!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 2256 UTC by ff »
Hailing from the upstate boondocks region of the progressive paradise which once was New York State

Nella F.

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 0002 UTC »
Don't watch Dr. Phil but might tonight (each show is repeated the following night, caught a "preview" & looks really, really strange) then maybe  :-\  I'll let you know what I think.

:o Or maybe not... :o
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 0024 UTC by Nella F. »

Offline clobdell

• Global Moderator
  • DXing Phenomena
  • Massachusetts
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 1312 UTC »
Boomer aka Gary aka Radio Animal is a genius.  He built the famed "Grenade 40" 10 watt portable pirate radio transmitter back in the mid-1990's, was Radio Animal on WKND "We're Canine Dog" a shortwave pirate.
Not sure what he does for a living these days.
Receiver: Eton E1, JRC NRD-525, 535 and 545, Icom IC-7300
Aerial: MFJ G5RV dipole
near Lowell Massachusetts - Gateway To The Merrimack Valley.
All loggings are from my QTH with my equipment unless stated otherwise.
QSL to: crlobdell1@gmail.com or
Box 80146, Stoneham, MA 02180
Amateur Radio Station: KC1IUK

Offline ff

• Upstate NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 1537 UTC »
Boomer aka Gary aka Radio Animal is a genius.

Amen Chris!  A lot of what I know about pirate radio transmitters I learned from Boomer back in the 90s.  I had been trying (and mostly failing) to build them since the early 70s and Boomer really turned things around for me.  He's the only being, human OR canine, that I've had a SIX HOUR phonecon with - we were talking about radio transmitters.  He's a great guy, an old friend, a fellow dyed-in-the-wool radio nut, and I have tremendous respect for him no matter what path his heart puts him on.  Nowadays he is toeing the legal side of the line with carrier current transmitters, but knowing Boomer, he has some "embellishments" that no one else has either thought of, or dared to make... yes, a real genius!

BTW- check out moof's link to the Tosh interview.  Although intended to be funny, Tosh also manages to bring out some of Boomer's personality and allows him a good venue to explain himself... highly recommended!

Offline curious george

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 1649 UTC »
Portions of the Dr. Phil show are available online; just scroll down the page to the "Boomer the Dog" section and click the images:

http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/2191

Offline Beerus Maximus

• Administrator
  • DX Legend
  • Boston, Massachusetts
  • hold my beer and watch this
    • View Profile
    • Beerus' 30 Below Site
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2022, 2129 UTC »
What's Boomer up to these days? We need Boomer in Discord!
# Genetically engineered sentient sausage & undisputed inventor of the end-fed dipole. I also invented the schlumpy dipole.
# KiwiSDR, NetSDR, Airspy HF+, Airspy HF+ Discovery, TS-590, IC-7610, FTDX10, ANAN 7000 DLE MKII
# beerusmaximus@gmail.com * North Shore, Massachusetts

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2022, 0250 UTC »
Still in Pittsburgh the last I heard. I don't have a working email for him these days.

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns