We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: cheapest usb hf sdr stick?  (Read 2388 times)

Offline S. McArdle

• View Profile
cheapest usb hf sdr stick?
« on: January 19, 2015, 1719 UTC »
allright.  i guess i'm ready to experiment with another sdr dealybop.  i already have a "funcube dongle pro" usb stick and have sparingly used it along with the HDSDR program to listen to freqs in the 400 mhz range.  i'd like to now purchase an el cheapo usb stick which will allow me to listen to and record, hf communications of at least 1-30 mhz using my HDSDR program.  which would be the cheapest usb stick to get which i could use with my HDSDR program which would allow me to record at least 500 kc's of bandswath to my hard drive?  what limits the amount of bandswath i'm able to record to my hardrive, the particular usb stick i'd be using or the HDSDR program?  confused about that.  and of course, the more it's "plug & play," the better.

any and all help appreciated.  regards, scott.
Kenwood TS-590,75m square loop up 43' for all prior to 1-11-15, then ocf inv vee at 80' beginning 1-11-15. Best 73's de Scott, 3500 S. Boulevard,Suite 18C,Edmond,OK 73013
PLS QSL to:mcardlelawoffice(at)netzero(dot)com. 1st ever pirate logged was The Voice of Anarchy on 1-17-98