We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: MI6 spy found dead in locked bag 'blackmailed and killed by Russian hitmen'  (Read 1011 times)

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
I could never be any kind of spy and here's why:

I'm pretty darned good at getting into compromising photographs all by myself thank you very much. And they aren't staged in any way...

Nope... not one bit....
<sigh>
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
In a bag? It sounds like Vlad's work.

In the mid-80's, a low level Soviet diplomat was kidnapped by a faction of Islamic Jihad in Beirut. IJ contacted the Soviets with ransom demands. The Soviet officials in Beirut responded with "keep him". IJ killed the man in response.

A day later a box appeared by the entrance to the building where IJ was operating from. After determining it wasn't a bomb, they opened it. Inside was the head of the IJ operative who had masterminded the kidnapping. His dismembered body was left on the doorstep of his wife.

No further Soviet officials were kidnapped in Lebanon.

Who was the KGB station chief in Beirut at the time? Vladimir Putin.