We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: A real "Inconvenient Truth"  (Read 9295 times)

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 2343 UTC by Skipmuck »
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline BoomboxDX

• View Profile
Re: A real "Inconvenient Truth"
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2017, 1453 UTC »
As an independent I didn't particularly care for either major Presidential candidate but we got the one we got and hopefully, in some way, the country comes out better for it, even if it's despite him being in office -- for whatever that's worth.

As for what you can believe, really, it's up to an individual to mistrust any news source and just do research if you want to know the truth, or something close to it... they're all in it to make money, and stories sell when they're exciting and pointed...

They don't print news or broadcast news for the good of the people. It's to make a living, and try to survive in an internet news environment, where the New York Times is competing with Joe Blow's Biased News Blog; it's an environment where any mannequin can put up a web site and claim to be a journalist.

Sorry for my cynicism, just overloaded from all the political blather on my FB lately. Peace.

An AM radio Boombox DXer.
+ GE SRIII, PR-D5 & TRF on MW.
The usual Realistic culprits on SW (and a Panasonic).

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2017, 1603 UTC »
Those paragons of human dignity and freedom, the saudis, recently complained that their media was letting the public define or drive the narrative instead of the media defining the narrative, wich every regime desires.
Anyway I think we all know what the others think and no one is going to be changing anyones mind on the matter so yeah.

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2017, 2353 UTC »
If there is one thing I have observed with Trump in office is how closed DC is to outsiders and their ideas.  Having observed this, it makes me wonder if change, short of a revolution and its bloodshed, is really possible.

It does paint a fairly bleak picture of a country controlled by a runaway government that seeks only to masturbate itself.  Time will tell...

+-RH
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2017, 1343 UTC »
Redhat, as I told a revolutionary type I knew decades ago; do you know what a revolution in a superpower such as the United States would entail? We're not talking about simply civilians taking up arms, but factions of the military with it's arsenals being unleashed in a total war driven by competing ideologies. That means nukes, chemical, and biological weapons very likely being used wholesale within our own borders. There wouldn't be a blade of grass worth eating after such a conflict and it would take decades, if not centuries for anything resembling functioning society to reemerge.

If you want to change the system, you have to participate in the system, you can't stand on the sidelines, observe, and complain or simply walk away. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but radical, sudden change is always a violent and murderous affair that does no one any good.

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2017, 1616 UTC »
If you want to change the system, you have to participate in the system, you can't stand on the sidelines, observe, and complain or simply walk away.

Yuri Bezmenov: Deception Was My Job
Minneapolis, MN

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2017, 1621 UTC »
Redhat, as I told a revolutionary type I knew decades ago; do you know what a revolution in a superpower such as the United States would entail? We're not talking about simply civilians taking up arms, but factions of the military with it's arsenals being unleashed in a total war driven by competing ideologies. That means nukes, chemical, and biological weapons very likely being used wholesale within our own borders. There wouldn't be a blade of grass worth eating after such a conflict and it would take decades, if not centuries for anything resembling functioning society to reemerge.

If you want to change the system, you have to participate in the system, you can't stand on the sidelines, observe, and complain or simply walk away. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but radical, sudden change is always a violent and murderous affair that does no one any good.

There's also the outside influences to such activities. Don't think Russia or China or even Canada and countries in south America would sit idle as we tear ourselves apart. That being said, a great great uncle, who happened to be the only president of the Confederacy, said if there's to ever be another civil war, let them start it.