We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Fake pirate reception report  (Read 1708 times)

Fansome

Fake pirate reception report
« on: September 19, 2010, 1946 UTC »
About a month ago a pirate friend of mine (yes, I have MANY pirate friends!) received the following. There was no recent broadcast; we'd be interested if anyone else received this "report":

Hello.

I work in the office of a small firm, all day I spend at the computer, often listen to your radio station, and the whole staff of our organization is listening to you, we are almost the fans of your radio, really like your music , leading programs. Always interesting to hear what is happening in neighboring countries. Hard working days, your radio is helping ordinary office manager to work out all week and on Friday evening when labor weekdays have been completed, your radio is helping to distract from the work and calmly to the weekend with his family. But in our country there is no opportunity to see small souvenirs with logos of your radio, such as a corporate icon, pens, pencils, cord with carabiner, bottle opener, a lighter, stickers, t-shirts , backpacks. ... All that can remind me of your radio. I am writing to request you to send me if you have such a product with your logo, if it does not entail significant costs for your radio. I would be very grateful.

Sincerely your fan and admirer.

Thank you for your work.

First name: Stanislav
Last name: Barabash
Address: Kirova 17/133
City: Krivoy Rog
State: Dnepropetrovskaja
Postal Code: 50038

Offline SW-J

• Dallas, Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Fake pirate reception report
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 2130 UTC »

Wow ... talk about 'broken English', but that's totally worked over! No offense meant to non-English speakers the world over, but, this actually looks a little contrived ... just my $0.02 ...
o Icom IC-756ProII, ProIII, Alinco DX-70, Kenwood TS-680s
o WinRadio G303e, Degen/Kaito 1103/DE1103, Stoddart NM-25
o 1/2 wave 80m Dipole used with several tuners
o Tuned loops from 2' thru 16' diam. capable of 160m thru 10m

Offline Tube Shortwave

• View Profile
Re: Fake pirate reception report
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 0539 UTC »
O 'form letter' that has nothing to do with listening to any radio stations, but rather trying to get 'free stuff' from broadcasters.  I get these once in a while at my legit broadcast emporium.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns