We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: PVC reaches Kansas!  (Read 1256 times)

Offline Ed H

• View Profile
PVC reaches Kansas!
« on: April 09, 2019, 1641 UTC »
Hi folks,

I received word that my beacon, PVC (13,555.5~~) was picked up by a LWCA member on 2nd and again on 3rd April, late in the afternoon in Kansas. That is a record distance of approximately 1400 miles for this station :)

Apparently there has been an indistinct trace visible several times at the same frequency, but this was the first occasion on which a positive ID could be made. You can read more at the LWCA website  https://www.lwca.net/mb/index.html, and if you are a member, there is a screenshot from Argo and a recording available.

I was just about to abandon the sloping dipole in favour of constructing a new 1/4 wave vertical antenna, but think I'll leave things as they are for a while longer.

Cheers

Ed

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns