We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Unidentified station, very drifty carrier, 11447ish AM  (Read 2648 times)

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Unidentified station, very drifty carrier, 11447ish AM
« on: January 22, 2019, 1823 UTC »
I copied this around 1645 UTC, having found it when I was scanning on my old Satellit 750. I switched over to my RSP2pro which you'll see in the video and checked at least one online SDR (one in Fort Collins, CO, on the kiwi network) to make sure it wasn't some weird spur or harmonic. It's driftiness and relative clarity on the waterfall makes me feel that it's neither, but you never know. Well, *I* never do anyway. :D

It sounds French, but I couldn't get a better SNR than what you hear on the video. It signed off at 1652z.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEdKiy4HA_I
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail