We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Radio Guinea  (Read 595 times)

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Radio Guinea
« on: February 03, 2019, 2158 UTC »
Since I've been relying on online SDR's for pirates, I've dedicated my own rx to Radio Guinea on 9650 kHz, which has been copyable here in Denver since around 2000 UTC (probably the earliest I've logged in in the daylight hours here in the Mountain Time Zone) and it has been steadily gaining strength. About S5 with low noise as of 2157 UTC on 03 FEB.

If this stays on through its advertised sign-off time of 0001 UTC, it should be a big signal during the 2300 hour. Alas, they have the unfortunate tendency to pull the plug well before that time. We'll see what happens today.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Re: Radio Guinea
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 2122 UTC »
Weak steady readable (via USB) om talk in FF @ 2120Z 04FEB19
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Treehouse SWL

• DX Legend
  • Lake Stevens, Washington
    • View Profile
    • personal website
    • Email
Re: Radio Guinea
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 2207 UTC »
I just switched on 9650 kHz, and it's now at near-listenable level out here with what sounds like the news in French. It usually fades up about this time in the early afternoon this time of year.
Eric Fetters-Walp / eQSL to fettwalp@outlook.com

Radios: Eton Elite Field, Sihuadon R-108, Eton Grundig Edition Satellit
Antennas: 60-foot-long end-fed wire, MLA-30+ loop