We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Scientists prepare to farm puffy pink seaweed that stops cows burping methane  (Read 3173 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Researchers want to mass-farm a native Queensland seaweed, which stops cows burping methane, in a bid to help cut the country's greenhouse gas emissions.

A previous study by the CSIRO discovered adding a small amount of Asparagopsis to the cow's diet reduced the amount of the gas the animal produced by up to 99 per cent.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-15/seaweed-for-cows-could-be-mass-farmed-reduce-methane/11414724

I am waiting to see if it also helps with people eating beans and passing gas.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Kage

• US
  • Modulating Madness
    • View Profile
    • The Free Radio Forum
    • Email
Both the seaweed and Pepto Bismol are pink, coincidence?
I'm not saying aliens are in the radio, but aliens definitely are in the radio.
The Free Radio Forum

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
I used to go to a sandbar on the Gulf in far S.W. Louisiana dubbed "Holly Beach" to fish. Brahma cattle used to graze on the seaweed in the Gulf and salt grass in the marsh, but what they excreted on the beach still stank. I think this Aussie is full of B.S. , he should stop licking those cane toads.

BTW, Holly Beach is no longer there. Ivan took it in '05. It darn near took the Pit Grill on I-10 in Sulphur, nearly 60 miles north, which would have been a disaster of Biblical proportions. The Pit is the finest dining in the entire state, those foo-foo joints in Nerlins be damned!

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns