We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Korea - August 23 (Monday)  (Read 880 times)

Offline Ron - Calif.

• View Profile
Korea - August 23 (Monday)
« on: August 23, 2021, 1619 UTC »
KOREA SOUTH. VOP and VOH observed frequencies on August 23 (Monday) for this week:

Voice of the People: 3480 // 3910 // 3930 // 4450 // 6520 // 6600, at 1140 UT; another week with no change of frequencies.

Echo of Hope - VOH: 3985 // 4880 // 5995 // 6245 // 6350 // 9095 (please see change below), at 1123 UT. Weekday English
language lesson. Thanks to the outstanding research done by Amano (Japan), I can report the following info about this
program. Is an audio feed from a TV program called "Wang cho bo yeong-eo" (왕초보 영어- translated into English, it is
Beginner's English); it is produced by EBS English (Educational Broadcasting System); intro & exit theme song is the
"Party Will Come Alive" by Wizardz Of Oz (with Ruben Martinez); at the beginning of the lesson, the announcer says
"English trainer" and gives his name ("Mayu"), then the woman announcer says her name ("Mini"), then they both say in
English, "Good morning everybody." I love listening to the woman, as she is so animated about the lesson. Very entertaining!
Today with "We do not have that item," "If I order it now, can I get it on Friday?".

Later, after 1225+, found VOH's 9095 silent, but at 1353, heard VOH instead on 9100. Have never noted such a change of
frequencies, after they had changed all the frequencies for the week. All the other VOH frequencies remained constant today.
Will have to check this week to see which is actually used during the week - 9095 or 9100?

Ron
Asilomar State Beach, Calif. (near Monterey)
Etón E1; external antenna of 100 ft. long wire

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns