We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Out of banders & warning on 6622 USB Shannon 25 Mar 2022 1700 hrs UTC  (Read 597 times)

Offline Mad Radio DXer UK

• South Coast of UK
    • View Profile
I was DXing in my local park this afternoon & I heard French speaking out of banders on 6622 USB @ 1700 hrs UTC talking directly on the Shannon Aero frequency. Shannon Aero were trying to talk to a pilot at the same time, who was then instructed to move to 5649 due to the out of banders causing difficulty in being heard.
A couple of minutes later, a warning came from the op at Shannon asking for the out of banders to move to another frequency, but the out of banders kept on talking.
A few minutes later, another warning from the op at Shannon asked the out of banders to move again, but still nothing & they kept on talking.
I then heard beeping noises, likely from Shannon, played over & over until the out of banders stopped talking.
At around 1710 hrs UTC, the frequency was clear & the Shannon op was calling out any planes that were previously trying to contact the station to call in again. I was monitoring for another 10 minutes & normal service seemed to have resumed again. 
Indoor setup: Elad FDM-S2 & MLA-30 antenna. One stock & another modified.
Outdoor radios: XHDATA D-808, Tecsun PL-330, Tecsun PL-390.