Welcome to HFUnderground.com, aka the HFU. This site is dedicated to documenting longwave, mediumwave, and shortwave stations, including broadcasters, utility/military stations, pirate radio and spy numbers stations.
Be sure to visit the HF Underground Message Board for the latest reception reports and news about pirate and other shortwave radio stations.
Everyone who is a radio enthusiast is encouraged to add information to the site. Just become a registered user, and you can start to contribute!
- Radio Hobby Related Software
- Amateur (ham) radio
- Pirate radio stations
- Pirate radio frequencies
- Pirate radio station email addresses
- Pirate QSL Collection
- Pirate Radio New Listener Guide and FAQ
- Signal Identification
- Shortwave Broadcast Stations
- Shortwave jammers
- Shortwave Utility Stations
- Spy numbers stations
- Mediumwave Broadcast Stations
- Mediumwave Utility Stations
- Longwave Broadcast Stations
- Longwave Utility Stations
- MF/HF marine radio
- MF/HF maritime weather transmissions
- MF/HF maritime fax transmissions
- VHF / UHF Radio
- Business Radio Service
- CB and Freebanding
- Community Audio Distribution Service (CADS) and Wireless Public Address System (WPAS) (27 MHz Church Radio)
- Remote Control
- 26-28 MHz Data Link Networks and Pagers
- Pescadores peskies HF freebanders
- Technical Topics
- NIST Digital Archives
- Part 15 Beacons
- High Frequency Beacon
- Radio Related Blogs
Category:Main topics:Top level category of articles and images.
Internet Relay Chat
Many pirate and other radio enthusiasts hang out on the #PirateRadio and #WUNClub IRC (Internet Relay Chat) channels on the StarChat network. This is a place where you can chat with fellow listeners, as well as share monitoring catches in real time.
Joining the chat is fairly easy. You can use the online chat below until you get an IRC client. The Java chat requires a browser with Java enabled.
Click here to be taken to the #mid-atlantic-scan chat (Mid Atlantic VHF/UHF Radio Scanning)