HFU HF Underground - Shortwave Pirate Radio Forums in North America and Around The World (And other stations that go bump in the night)
    New users are welcome! Please register for an account in order to post to the board.   Posting your logging here is the best way to get a QSL from a station. April 24, 2017, 0715 UTC *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can access the HF Underground wiki here: http://www.hfunderground.com/wiki/Main_Page as well as the Radio Hobbyist technical blog

Click here for the: Pirate Radio IRC Chat Java Client

Also the EuroPirate Chat

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/HF__Underground

Home   Help Search Login Register  
     Atoms To Go     
   Periodic Table of the Elements for iPhone/iPad/iPod     

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pirate From Chile to test ----  (Read 2151 times)
Chris Lobdell
DX Legend

View Profile Email
« on: January 03, 2014, 1924 UTC »

7290 RCW Radio Compañía Worldwide, Chile will bc/st Jan 4, 0000 (also via Ustream audio on the Internet). Power: 50 watts.

"RCW is an experiment born of a group of people who love the shortwave radio product facing the constant disappearance of many international broadcasters, including the former RNW which has been a point of inspiration and creation of this experiment".

(via Claudio Galaz, Chile, Condiglist YG, translated & edited by HAN, Uruguay, Jan 3

Receiver: Eton E1, JRC NRD-545
Aerial: G5RV, 40 Meter Dipole
near Lowell Massachusetts - Gateway To The Merrimack Valley.
QSL to: crlobdell@verizon.net
rdla4
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 2302 UTC »

Thanks for the post, I just posted and then retracted the post to SW Pirate thread. Hearing CNR on 7290 now....hopefully they go away before the "test"
ulx2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 0032 UTC »

Here is some carrier on 7290 kHz. But most probably this carrier belongs to the CNR1 (100 kW transmitter near Beijing).

LOC: Kyiv, Ukraine
RX: Degen DE-1103 portable
ANT1: Two phased external wires (2x10 meters approx.)
ANT2: Long wire (25 meters)
ANT3: Homemade M0AYF wide bandwidth active loop
ACC: Homemade passive preselector, homemade phasing device
rdla4
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 0040 UTC »

Same here in GA---a carrier. No audio at 0040
DimBulb
Global Moderator
DX Legend

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 0041 UTC »

Was hearing China at S9, no hint of anything beneath.

rdla4
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 0159 UTC »

Just saw the Kashi (China) Transmitter appear at 0157---I never heard a peep of the Chilean.
Chanter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 1310 UTC »

I saw this too late to even try for the Chilean.  Darnit!  I love that they've taken inspiration from RNW, though.  Yo se exactamente que es esa inspiracion, porque me siento al mismo manera. 

I hope they test again, and use a frequency that isn't stomped on by China.  Good luck, eh? 

Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (currently down for maintenance) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.
Chris Lobdell
DX Legend

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 1327 UTC »

Update from Uruguayan DXer Horacio Nigro Geolkiewsky "They QSYed to 7550 as I am learning right now. But unfortunately I couldn't update the info for I was offline at that time. HRD in Argentina and Chile w/ ID and Camporini's "Historias de Radio" prgm.

Receiver: Eton E1, JRC NRD-545
Aerial: G5RV, 40 Meter Dipole
near Lowell Massachusetts - Gateway To The Merrimack Valley.
QSL to: crlobdell@verizon.net
Pages: [1]
  Print  
     MultiMode     
   CW RTTY SSTV PSK31 ACARS FAX SITOR App For the Mac     

Jump to: