We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Radio Tarma 4775khz Peru Apr 8 0956UTC  (Read 212 times)

Offline Paul B. Walker, Jr.

• McGrath, Alaska, USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
Radio Tarma 4775khz Peru Apr 8 0956UTC
« on: April 29, 2023, 0026 UTC »
So, I *MUST* share what is probably one of my best SW logs to date. This will about blow your socks off!

Back on Saturday night/very very early Sunday morning local time (Sunday morning UTC) here at my McGrath, Alaska QTH, I had some real good central/south american reception on HF... so about 0953UTC I decided to tune across the tropical bands where some central/south american stations still reside.

I got to 4775khz and while I had CODAR Hammering away ((Coastal Ocean Dynamics Applications Radar), I also clearly had a carrier for something else at 0953UTC so I hit record and waited. .and boy was I rewarded!!

This is 1kw non directional Radio Tarma from Peru on 4775khz .. and despite CODAR hammering the piss out of it, you can very clearly hear the music and theres a commercial in my recording where you can make out the phone number.  The recording gets much better 15 minutes in.

I swear if you listen closely, you can tell theres a carrier under the CODAR when my recording begins before the music kicks in 10 seconds later!

The picture is from the Radio Tarma SW Dipole antenna from the AM/FM/SW Transmitter site on the mountain outside of Tarma, Peru. The ppicture is from DX'er Don Moore's website where hes got alot more awesome stuff  http://www.donmooredxer.com/

Here is my audio recording:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10VkmGUf5Pc4HbdfJahsq725-ejb49mRs/view?usp=share_link

I use a 15 foot Wellbrook loop, DXE Preamp, EmTech ZM2 tuner and ATS25 Max Radio
Paul B. Walker, Jr.
paul@alaskaradionerd.com

Program Director: KSKO 89.5 McGrath, Alaska www.kskopublicradio.com

Afternoon Air Talent: Hits 106 KLMI Laramie, WY 3 to 7pm Mon-Sat www.myhits106.com

Available for voiceover work, use the email listed above!