We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Show stopper marinated chicken, X-FM style  (Read 6348 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Show stopper marinated chicken, X-FM style
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2017, 1958 UTC »
It's also not good to use the back side of the knife; I lost a couple of fingers pressing down on the blade side a few years ago. They should carry warning decals.

Tell us more, Stumpy.

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2017, 0022 UTC »
It's also not good to use the back side of the knife; I lost a couple of fingers pressing down on the blade side a few years ago.

Coincidentally, I did this very task today. Maybe its not coincidence, but karma.

First, I cut off the bottom. Then lay it on the cuttin' board and put the knife over it and give it a quick smash. I don't press & gently squeeze it- that's asking for trouble. I put the knife with the sharp side away and smack it hard, but briefly. Then the garlic usually pops right out and I'm uncut.

The garlic was for a sautée of mushrooms, leeks, the chopped garlic (see above), and EVOO with tuscan herbs.

When looking in the garlic storage container, I saw I was low on garlic in there and put more from the pantry in there. Then realized in horror that I have not used my store-bought garlic in a couple of weeks. I am disappointed with myself. So I used more garlic than usual tonight in the mushrooms. Yeah, that was the right decision.

Minneapolis, MN

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2017, 0026 UTC »
To peel garlic, I just give my cloves a good squeeze with my fingers. To neutralize the garlic smell, just take your steely knife and rub your fingers along the blade with the edge situated away from your hand under running water. Easy peasy.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Fansome

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2017, 0540 UTC »
My ex caught me giving my "cloves" a good squeeze with my fingers, and kicked me out of the house...

To peel garlic, I just give my cloves a good squeeze with my fingers. To neutralize the garlic smell, just take your steely knife and rub your fingers along the blade with the edge situated away from your hand under running water. Easy peasy.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2017, 2035 UTC »
Svetlana was an excellent operative. She got the info she needed and used the first excuse she could come up with to get rid of you. That's why she was awarded the Emperor Penguin Medal.

BTW, have you noticed the remarkable resemblance between your current S.O. and Svetlana? They look so much alike they could be twins.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns