We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Brexit politics (was Brexit Radio 27 apr 2019)  (Read 1003 times)

Offline The Ether Hacker

• United Kingdom
    • View Profile
Brexit politics (was Brexit Radio 27 apr 2019)
« on: April 28, 2019, 0025 UTC »
Perhaps Harmony and Laser are off air because of Storm Hannah, strong winds caused power lines down. It could have easily taken down antennas too.
storm hannah report: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-48052656

maybe.... and also "Brexit Radio" came on air after the storm left Ireland, so they might have put up some temporary transmitter site, and raised the antenna after the storm... signal strengths seem stronger than laser usually would be....

Sunday morning programming will consist of the Brexit Breakfast show, followed by Brexit Children's hour, to warn British children about the evils of the EU and then your all time Brexit record requests, with only UK records ... non of that foreign stuff... and finally a speech by Nigel Farage followed by the National Anthem...  all on Brexit 6210... don't touch that dial :-D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 1637 UTC by Ray Lalleu »
Antennas: Multi-band doublet for 80 to 10m HF and vertical groundplane
RX: Kenwood R-2000
QTH: Northern England

Offline fox558

• View Profile
Re: Re: Brexit politics (was Brexit Radio 27 apr 2019)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 0107 UTC »

Sunday morning programming will consist of the Brexit Breakfast show, followed by Brexit Children's hour, to warn British children about the evils of the EU and then your all time Brexit record requests, with only UK records ... non of that foreign stuff... and finally a speech by Nigel Farage followed by the National Anthem...  all on Brexit 6210... don't touch that dial :-D
Funny... and I'm accused of getting political!
I've not heard the station IDing at all, let alone being called Brexit Radio!
It's only about making sure parliament leave the European Union, as promised in the 2016 UK referendum, continuing to trade with Europe and the rest of the world - not being anti foriegner!

Offline Ray Lalleu

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Western part of France
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 0812 UTC »
Strong winds yesterday here too..
One wire broken.

I will change the name from Brexit Radio to "Brexit Radio"
D/E/F/G/It/Sp : Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Spanish
+/- : about 0.02 offset, ++/-- 0.03/0.04 offset
Balanced wire antennas, wire lines and ATU
*** Mes pages ex-OEM : semaines des OC, radios-médias, techniques de réception, en français, demandez  les ! ***

Offline The Ether Hacker

• United Kingdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 0829 UTC »

Funny... and I'm accused of getting political!
I've not heard the station IDing at all, let alone being called Brexit Radio!
It's only about making sure parliament leave the European Union, as promised in the 2016 UK referendum, continuing to trade with Europe and the rest of the world - not being anti foriegner!

As far as I'm aware you are allowed to discuss political matters pertaining to pirate/free radio... however, the politics of pro or anti-Brexit, or the referendum, as far as I can see, has no direct affect on free or pirate radio in the UK or elsewhere... unless you prove me wrong, and you know something I don't

... regarding the varied content of a "Brexit Radio" station, that's just a little British humour, and clearly presented as such

Offline fox558

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 1356 UTC »
I think I do know something that you appear not to know, as you seem to have missed the whole point. This is not a post or comment either for or against any ...'IT'. The UK had a referendum, the people decided and gave that instruction to the UK parliament. Those parties then stood on a manifesto in a general election and further promised to implement the referendum result instruction. The past 5 months have been spent by all the elected MPs and government squabbling and voting down the peoples instructions with the result that parliament have betrayed democracy and failed to carry out the referendum result. They have ignored democracy. These are historic times in that they are in contempt of the taxpayers who they are supposed to serve. Trust in politics is at an all time low.

It is the sort of thing you would expect from the government of a banana republic in Africa, not the UK, and this is why you are seeing political protests and pirate stations doing politics now. I'm surprised there are not riots in the streets, like in France

Offline Brian

• Ireland
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2019, 1617 UTC »
I think I do know something that you appear not to know, as you seem to have missed the whole point. This is not a post or comment either for or against any ...'IT'. The UK had a referendum, the people decided and gave that instruction to the UK parliament. Those parties then stood on a manifesto in a general election and further promised to implement the referendum result instruction. The past 5 months have been spent by all the elected MPs and government squabbling and voting down the peoples instructions with the result that parliament have betrayed democracy and failed to carry out the referendum result. They have ignored democracy. These are historic times in that they are in contempt of the taxpayers who they are supposed to serve. Trust in politics is at an all time low.

It is the sort of thing you would expect from the government of a banana republic in Africa, not the UK, and this is why you are seeing political protests and pirate stations doing politics now. I'm surprised there are not riots in the streets, like in France

Some would argue that Brexit was sold on a lie and now that people are better informed of the potential consequences of Brexit, then another referendum would be the democratic thing to do. 

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2019, 1632 UTC »
I understand this is an important/emotional subject for many, but it would be great if we could keep discussions in this thread focused on the radio station itself. Thanks.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline fox558

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2019, 2131 UTC »

Some would argue that Brexit was sold on a lie and now that people are better informed of the potential consequences of Brexit, then another referendum would be the democratic thing to do.

I am sorry to our American friends here who probably have no idea about all this UK stuff but it is relevant to the pirate doing political stuff last night, as that is why it is transmitting. The brexit party stuff that was going out, the transmission of the launch of the party that would not even exist if the government had actioned the referendum as was promised.

Again, avoiding any political discussion Brian.... we had endless debates for months on TV and radio plus a £9 million book delivered to all households explaining all terrible consequences of a leave vote and a very active remain campaign, so nobody can claim people were not informed. Regardless of if you think that or not, a government cannot democratically hold a second referendum until you have implemented the instructions of the first one. The first one on this subject was in 1975, the second one was 2016, perhaps 30 years time it will be time for a rethink again.

Offline The Ether Hacker

• United Kingdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2019, 2144 UTC »
I understand this is an important/emotional subject for many, but it would be great if we could keep discussions in this thread focused on the radio station itself. Thanks.

Agreed, Chris.  Brexit politics is not relevant to Pirate/free radio forums.  The only matter we discussed last night was that there was an unlicensed political station broadcasting the new Brexit Party conference with Nigel Ferage.  We did not comment on if we agreed with the message of the broadcast or not... simply that it too place, ie, we logged the broadcast.

I don't see in what way Brexit is politically relevant to free/pirate radio, that's why I think this thread should stop, to be honest.  No disrespect to pro or anti-Brexiteers, this is just not the correct forum
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 2155 UTC by The Ether Hacker »